Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Pensnet Picnic

Well, If there was ever a day that didn't go to plan today was it. 

For the last few Wednesdays Clair and I have been attending a breastfeeding Peer Support training course. It runs from 10-12.

Bea woke at 7.30, fed then slept, so I could get washed & dressed in peace! I even had time to express!

She woke & managed to have a bath, get dressed and just when we were ready to head over to Clair's, I received a text to say that today's class had to be cancelled. 

At this point Bea & I should have got in the car, but sadly we didn't! We faffed & eventually arrived with Clair at 10.15.

Bea & Eloise were asleep so we had a cuppa & after 5 minutes of being there discovered that Clair's phone was broken & stuck on snooze, so sure enough every 5 minutes for the rest of the day her phone went off! 

Eloise had a feed & we headed off to Kiddicare.

After about 30 seconds Bea started crying, this cry went to a scream & we pulled into a pub car park to feed about 3 minutes away from Clair's house- timing!

Bea has a new found love for trees & she can be mesmerised and transfixed at swaying leaves & trees. It really is amazing to watch the transition from a screaming, uncontrollable infant, to a calm serene, angelic baby. 

So, after the impromptu feed we were off & on our way. 

We arrived at Kiddicare and did our usual expedition for parent & child parking, to realise yet again, that they don't have any!

In & straight to the sale rail - naturally! 

We were all desperate to use ' the facilities ', so after we picked up a couple of items we decided to go straight to the bathrooms. 

We set the alarm off with our sale items, so had to leave them on the side. 
 
Clair & I went first & we were able to take our girls Into the individual adult cubicle as they are large enough for pushchairs- great! Whilst washing our hands we were once again reminded that, that activity had taken 5 minutes as Clair's alarm had gone off- again. 

Next to the cafe where we hoped to all have lunch, get the girls to sleep and back to the sale rail! 

Choosing food- 5 minutes
Finding table & rummaging for receipts-5 minutes
Time spent before the girls wanted to come out- 5 minutes

You get the picture by now that our day was recognised in 5 minute snaps due to Clair's alarm. 

Bea did her usual trick of falling asleep after a feed & so after 5 minutes I picked her up & carried her to her pushchair. Now baby in hand I managed to remove Sophie & her straps & place her in-still asleep. A major high five moment for a mum!  

I sat back down, but as I did an almighty squeak was heard, which I felt bellowed around the room!

I had done what every mother dreads, sat on Sophie!! Our eyes went straight to Bea & thankfully she continued to sleep. 

We were due to be with Erin for 2 & due to lateness & extra feeds we were a little behind schedule. We got in touch with Erin to let her know it would be about 2.30- baby time!

So we shopped and then we left for Erin's.

About 30 seconds into our journey Bea started to cry. Again the cry developed into a scream and no amount of fast (legal) driving was helping. 

We seemed to be surrounded by yellow lines & ended up pulling into a rather dodgy looking street in Pennsnett. 

I got Bea out & she immediately calmed with a cuddle & spotted some trees. I put her back in & the crying started,Eloise then started crying. Bea then decided she'd like a snack & after some similar attempts to calm Eloise, Clair also gave Eloise a snack. 

Now I wish I had taken a photo of this. It was hilarious. I drive a VW Polo & with 2 Isofix bases, the seats could not be moved. 

Bea was feeding whilst resting on the steering wheel & Eloise is so long her feet were against the door. We decided they were having a Pensnett picnic! 

The alarm went off & we joked that feeding time was over as the alarm had sounded. Clair & I laughed until we had tummy ache & Bea decided to laugh, it was lovely. 

We thought the girls were settled & put them back in. Bea was niggly, so I asked Clair to start the car & as I shut Bea's door, I ran round the car, jumped in & drove in the hope that the motion of the car would help the girls sleep. No such luck!!!

Half a mile down the road we had the same palarva in a cricket club car park. 
This time Bea was feeding & pulling away. She seemed to do this just as people drove past! 

We got back in the car & I managed to reverse & the screaming started, so we stopped and tried to comfort them again

The crying continued for Bea & Eloise gave up! So after 5 minutes in the car, I pulled in by Ibstock bricks.

There are a lot of trees around the entrance & Clair suggested just to take the seat out & rock her. This combo worked! Horray!!!!

In shear desperation I pulled branches & twigs off the trees & fixed them in her head rest ( picture attached) eventually she drifted off. 

We arrived at Erin's house at 3.15, It was nice to have a sit down and a cup of tea with the girls happily playing with Finn.

With only 4 weeks to go, i needed to post the Christening invitations & some eBay parcels & the girls kindly offered to watch Bea whilst I popped to the post office. Another big mistake!!! At 4.40 everyone goes to the post office for 5pm post!!!

I was 4th in the queue after the guy 19 eBay parcels that they only charged for 16, the lady sending her son a parcel to Indian & an OAP collecting their pension. I got really flustered!! 

I was worried about Bea and then got lost on the way home & had to activate my sat nav! 

All was well when I returned, but what an exhausting day!! 

The crying continued! 

No comments:

Post a Comment