Wednesday 23 October 2013

Close enough to calm

Well, as a mother I think the best of her!

I think she is a happy & content little girl that cries for a reason... Hungry, tired or in need of a nappy change. 

Bea is not the type to cry without a reason, but she has been known to get ' Tizwazitus! ' When she gets in a real tiz when she is over tired or ravenous & we can't access the milk shop quick enough! 

The night before last Bea gave a shining example of this condition in the living room. 

She started crying, then screaming and it appeared that there was nothing I could do to settle her. 

She did not want to listen to my repertoire of nursery rhythms & did not wish to sway, jig or rock, eat, sleep or change. 

Times like this can be very hard & I hate to hear her cry. 

When this happened before, my new best friend & super mum Clair suggested that Nick or I try stripping her & us down for skin to skin to calm her.

We went upstairs & stripped off & lay on the bed. 

Just like my newborn baby 4 months ago, Bea wriggled to get close to me & found my nipple straight away and the crying stopped like a switch. 

She lay feeding for the next 45minutes, holding her hands on either side of my breast and then started touching the other one, in a bid to say ' you're next!! ' 

I am not saying that at 16weeks Bea knows how to stimulate and massage her letdown in the other breast, but it was a lovely feeling. 

Nick came up & saw us lying on the bed & so he took his top off & lay behind her. 

She turned over & lay & chatted to us both for about 10 minutes, she was very happy & calm. It was so lovely and a really special time for us all. 

A family memory to treasure. Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment