Monday 21 October 2013

Getting to the root of the problem

Bea has had a very chilled day today, she has been cheery & happy, but not a fan of sleep today! 

We started our day in Waitrose with Clair & Eloise having coffee, she was tired and after a few half hearted suckles, she fell asleep  as I swayed singing "Oh dear what can the matter be, Beatrix Bloxham got stuck in the lavatory"! 

We returned home to wake Nick so he could drive me to the dentist. 
Bea fell asleep on the way, so I left them in the car. 

I had root canal surgery today & so there were plenty of drills, buzzing & sucking! 
After out 20 minutes in between drills I could hear a baby crying, I didn't have long enough to hear before my mouth was occupied with instruments once more. 

As the dentist began to pack my tooth the noise got quieter & I could hear Bea niggling in the corridor outside the room. 

I wanted to cuddle her, but knew I had to wait. 

As soon as he finished I ripped off my cloak, flung the glasses on the seat & swirled the rinse so fast round my mouth that it cascaded out of the left hand side of my mouth like a waterfall. I had forgotten about my anaesthetic & dribbling better than Bea in a teething frenzy. 

We drove to the pharmacy & Nick took pitty on my 'not for public view' face and went to order my antibiotics. 

Bea decided that she wanted a snack whilst we waited. I tried to get out of the car & Nick had locked us in. 
I had to climb from the front to the back to get to her ( you'll learn I don't have much luck with breast feeding in the car ) but all was well once I arrived. 

Tempting as it was to stay feeding in the back & let Nick drive us the 30 seconds home, we of course put her back in her car seat and took her home. 

Nick checked with the pharmacist if I could take amoxicillin whilst breast feeding and he said yes, but when reading the leaflet it said no! 

I got in touch with the girls who are doing our peer support training and thankfully Gemma gave me a number that you can call to check if medication is harmful to babies whilst breast feeding. 

It is- 08444124665

She also found the page in her book which tells me it's ok. 

So now I can off to sleep in less pain, Bea can go full & hopefully we'll continue last nights good form.

Sweet dreams all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment