Monday 4 November 2013

Nice to see you, to see you nice!

Last Saturday Bea had her Baby Sensory Halloween party.

Whilst I can choose her outfits, ( I know it won't be forever!)I dressed her as a pumpkin & took her along.

My mum & both of Nick's parents joined me to watch Bea.

It was an action packed hour, which we followed with lunch & more playing and eventually got home about 4.

Now Bea is not a day time sleeper, ( sometimes, she's not a night time sleeper either!). She grabs 5-20 minute naps, or part of a journey in the car, but never for any significant amount of time.

Beatrix was clearly over tired & began to cry on the way home, the cry turned to a scream and the scream turned to a roar & I was very grateful when I pulled up at home. I ran round to get my little pumpkin with a beet root face & real tears cascading down her little round cheeks.

I ran in, grabbed the V pillow & the milk shop was open for business.

We fed for 15 minutes & then was fast asleep in my arms.

Once asleep, I like to let her stay comfortable until I know if she's going to wake or not.

After 25 minutes, I thought I would lay her onto the V pillow on the settee. This was a seamless transition, sometimes I feel I need training from Army bomb disposal experts, it's such a task to put her down without waking her!

I stayed next to her for half an hour & then went and made a drink ( and treated myself to a couple of biscuits ) and sat back down- she was still asleep!

I enjoyed my hot cup of tea & then the pumpkin stirred... She was mouthing at my chest like a muted lion, so I opened the milk shop for my favourite customer.

After a small drink feed she fell back to sleep again. I tried my luck and put her down in her Moses basket. She slept for another hour, this was most unheard of.

She must have heard the start of Strictly, because when she woke she was in such a wonderful, happy mood.

We sang along and danced to the show and it occurred to me just how much I had missed her whilst she'd been asleep. It may sound silly, but I was so excited! I couldn't stop kissing her. I love my baby Beatrix so very much xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment