Tuesday 12 November 2013

Baby led Beatrix

Sleep, who needs sleep?! Sleep is for wimps right?!

As I have mentioned Beatrix is a napper! She won't be competing in the great British sleep off! 

Beatrix from 6ish- 15ish weeks slept from 9.30/10.30- 6ish with 1-2 feeds.

Around 3.5 months the feeds increasing to 2-3, 3-4 and then at 4 months she had a mammoth growth spurt which she went crazy for milk at night. 

She then developed a cold, so that brought with it the regular coughs, snotty noses and inability to breath, so the restless nights continued, but of course I was happy to help her, as it was horrible listening to her struggle.

Whilst her cold has lingered on, the night time is much worse than the day. I have been using baby Olbas oil on her sheets, but I think that helps me more than Beatrix!

The feeding has just continued at this frequency & now we are feeding far more than sleeping, that & the napping in the day surely can't last forever!

I am thinking that Beatrix is now ready for a bit extra & may now be ready to start weaning. But this makes me sad! Aren't I suppose to wait until she's 6 months old? Have I failed her because I can't give her enough?

And then there's the mind field of weaning! Mush, purée, baby led, spoons, bowls, pots, risks, rice! Who knows what's best!

I am waiting for a visit from our health visitor. Wish me luck!!!! X

1 comment:

  1. She's doing fine - you are all she needs, it just gets tough occasionally, some babies need extra night time parenting, but don't mix that up with signs that she's ready for weaning. You are her world and able to provide everything for her x

    ReplyDelete