Tuesday 19 November 2013

Don't forget the sugar!

Last Sunday it was Beatrix's Christening. 

Nick, Beatrix and I all went to a family friends house before hand to get her dressed and push her up to church.

She behaved well in church and loved smiling at people and enjoyed the lights. Towards the end she became restless and after a short wonder round with Nick she fell asleep in his arms. 

All of our photographs around the font with the family and godparents are all with Bea asleep. Quite funny! 

We pushed her back & got her in the car seat- still asleep, her dress was stuffed in pockets and corners just to get her strapped in!

We arrived at the reception venue and Beatrix woke up and sprung into smile action to greet her guests. 

Again, she was very good and we fed a couple of times under the cloak, but she was more interested in the people, noise and talking to eat, so I knew she'd be ravenous when we got home.

Once the guests started leaving Bea again became restless and I thought we should get her home so she can have a sleep & some tea in peace! 

We left and Bea started to cry, the crying got louder and louder, so we pulled into Sainsbury's car park to get Bea out for a feed to settle her. 

I stayed in the front of the car & Nick got Bea out and brought her round to me. As he held her outside the car I could see yellow ( Chicken Korma colour ) poo up her back and through her dress. 

We were in a car park and couldn't put her down. 

I stupidly took nappies and wipes etc in a handbag and left Bea's changing bag at home... This included her changing mat! 

We ended up putting the parcel shelf down & using the dress bag from her gown to lie her on! What a palarva! 

Once Bea was clean & fresh and in a new set of clothes I dispatched Nick for pizza & sugar, whilst I gave Bea a feed. 

Well I tried to! 

Naturally I parked out of the way by trees!! She couldn't concentrate because she wanted to look at the trees! So there I was sitting in Sainsbury's car park with a stray boob out whilst Bea was sitting up watching the leaves blow in the wind!

The photo is my view! 

The only thing that made this worse was the Chinese man who walked out of the back of the Chinese take away & stood watching me & Nick remembering pizza, but forgetting the sugar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment