Saturday 16 November 2013

Give generously...

Now I started a very heart felt blog on Friday morning as I watched Beatrix playing on her gym wearing her Children in Need Pudsey shirt. Sadly this did not save when I returned to continue.

I began to feel sad and thankful. Sad that there are many children who will not be playing underneath a gym, either because they are not fortunate to own one, or because they are not well enough.

I began to think mainly about the disadvantaged children in the UK, those that go off to school in pain and suffering, suffering from verbal, physical or mental abuse.

Children in need helps many different children, not least poorly and terminally ill young people who require extra help that Children in need give so generously.

I have watched the Friday night Children in need programme for many years, I have also done my fair share of fund raising. I have attended school and work  in my PJ's, dressed as a doctors, an old lady, a hippy, Marilyn Monroe... The list goes on, but nothing has made me feel more involved than watching Children in need for the first time as a mummy, with my own child.

My husband is more of an observer with Facebook and rarely updates his status, but even he was moved to tears and took to his profile to note : 

" Watching children in need for the first time as a parent is a real eye opener and makes us realise how lucky we are. Love you Beatrix Jessica "

And we did feel lucky, it was very sad, almost too sad to watch.

Bea was feeding during the last story before the BBC1/BBC2 switch over and I was sobbing so much that I had to pull her off my breast to hold her and kiss her and tell her how much I loved her.

Naturally she was confused and wanted to get back to her supper, but I needed to hold her and to tell her how I felt.

I think we should all be thankful for all of the people in our lives a give generously to children's charities.

Well done Pudseyx



No comments:

Post a Comment