Wednesday 1 January 2014

Time is money

Time is money is a very true phrase, but not really applicable to a mother! 

Time is just important and it needs to be juggled. 

At the last pantomime rehearsal I was asked what I'm going to do with Bea during show week. I explained that my mum was coming over for part of the week and that Nick would be with her for the remainder and I just had to make sure I had plenty of milk. 

The final comment was "Good luck with that!" 

As if I wasn't feeling enough pressure trying to juggle Panto & motherhood, I now have the added pressure of stock piling enough milk to get us through show week!

I was stressed and Bea wasn't sleeping particularly well due to her cough, but when the morning came it was tough! I had to express every morning. I even started taking my breast pump to BUNS on a Thursday. 

One morning I was getting quite stressed with writing Christmas cards & playing with Bea, making breakfast, wrapping gifts, that I decided to make my life easier. 

I was measured for a nursing bra at 36E in Mothercare when Beatrix was first born and bought a pack of two bras to keep me going. Two were never going to be enough, so I popped back in and picked up another two in a different style. 

*sigh* Why didn't my baby brain think to try them on?! They were way to small in the cup, but being desperate and stupid- I kept them. 

Of course they were never right and before long I was back to Mothercare purchasing another two ( which I did try on! )

I remembered that I had these two ill fitting bras upstairs and in a fit of Blue Peter creativity, I doctored a design up which enabled me to express and write Christmas cards! Genius! I was blown away by my invention. 

I must close now before Mothercare & Mama's & Papa's get on the phone!

Please see the photograph for the full explanation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment