Wednesday 1 January 2014

Cape Crusader

The Christmas period brought with it a lot of family & friends and joyous timm , but in our house it also brought the Christmas D&V bug- not nice! 

Due to said bug, it meant that on Sunday the 29th of December I had an afternoon  rehearsal for Panto, which I had to take Bea to, as Nick was poorly in bed.

She was asleep when I arrived & I parked her in the corner of the room in the hope that she would stay asleep. 

I had parked her near a doorway and as the general public had access to the building my paranoia got the better of me & I moved her so that nobody stole my precious bundle. 

Sure enough within a couple of numbers Bea was awake. She watched from her car seat & was then passed around the company whilst I was on stage. 

In between acts I had planned to pop to Morrisons next door to grab some lunch, do a quick nappy change & feed Bea before eating my lunch and getting back to the show. 

Bea had other plans as someone informed me " I think she needs a nappy!". Her bag was in the car, so I ran to get it. When I got back I could see that the information should have been " Your daughter needs a new nappy and ne outfit! "

Bea's introduction to banana had taken effect and we had to have a full costume change, which she thought was very funny! 

All changed and clean I took her back into the room for a feed. 

Having battled with the changing bag of soiled clothes & nappies I decided to discreetly feed Bea with my scarf, rather than dig for my breast feeding cape.

Please see the photo for how this usually looks. Joules chic for the breast feeding mother NOT!!!!

Bea started feeding and just as Gary turned around and said " Where'a your cape thing?", I said " Oh, she's fine with my scarf" Well she wasn't!!!!!

At hearing Gary's voice she shot up bolt upright looking directly at he & Kate and revealing my right boob to them both. How embarrassing!!!

I think I'll take more time to dig for the cape in future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment